Hooked two.....landed none....

Vlap

Post by Vlap »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Ok, so you call BS.....I'll bring the camera in the water with me next time.....maybe even take a bit of video :wink:
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Got my fly out of the stinkpot today.

Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

that doesnt look like the correct hook to me....pretty thick wire and short shank...to me that hook looks really strong and it must have taken a good amount of force...it even looks tweeked to the side to me...what tippet are you using?do you have your drag locked down?
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

The fly is barely larger than a penny, its a tiny version of the dread tied on a 1/0 sc15. As I said I was running straight 30 due to some previous unsuccessful, dock light fishing and never changed it. The fish never made it all the way to the reel, I didn't let him run, which is why its my fault the hook is that way, I tried to horse it in due to the fact that I knew I had straight 30 for leader and I wanted to get a danged picture of my first red :oops: . It all boils down to over excitement, and stupid mistakes.
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

30!!!! holy sh%t...this one was landed on 8lb tippet
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Can you please put a penny in the picture for reference.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

bonefishwhisperer wrote:30!!!! holy sh%t...this one was landed on 8lb tippet
Yes I know, I usually run 6# on the 7wt, and 10# on the 9 wt but I was hittin docks the previous night and never bothered to change it back which cost me....again, taking shortcuts is a bad thing when it comes to fly fishing.

Bears fan, here you go....