indian river and sebastian inlet

West Palm to Jacksonville
prowler

indian river and sebastian inlet

Post by prowler »

Hit the river in melbourne yesterday morning with all my favorite plugs and soft plastics with a resounding nothing, so I neted up some finger mullet and tried my luck all I got was two small jack crevelles. the river is still very dirty from fay. Then This morning I went at the crack of way too early to try fishing off the pier at sebastian inlet for the first time ever. I took some pins, some live shrimp and some frozen shrimp. I caught a 33 inch snook on the incoming tide. Then as the tide shifted to out flowing I caught a 16 inch mutton snapper. There were more than a few very nice upper slot reds being caught on finger mullet, of course I did not have any of those with me.... GRRRR!!! I did bumb a clam off these two very nice guys who were obviously locals as they knew everyone there. They were pulling in some huge black drum after they both landed an upper slot red each, and had both landed a few nice snook too (all snook were released unharmed as the season does not open till monday). I took my one clam I had begged and borrowed from them and cut it in two. First cast stolen bait was all I got. Second cast BAM! Best fish of the day and made for my firs slam ever in Fl, a 27 inch black drum. Great fight and made my drag scream. I also caught a few blue runners as well. Not as fun fishing from the pier as being down close to the water but still had a great time and the people out there were all very nice and willing to help with thier big nets if you had something big to bring in.
"What if the fairy is a crazy glue sniffing fairy? "build model airplanes!" the fairy says. The next thing you know theres money missing of your dresser and your daughter is knocked up!" Tommy boy