NC surf launch videos

Let's hear reports from other places.
uncdub13

NC surf launch videos

Post by uncdub13 »

Well, with ol' lady Bertha spinnin off the coast near Bermuda the other day, we had a decent little ground swell showin up in our neck of the woods. With a few head high+ sets rolling through, it made for an interesting time paddling out baits to say the least. I thought this might help you guys down there on the Florida left coast appreciate how easy you have it with your beach launches :wink: . I managed to stay rightside-up through the day and even ride a few waves. My friend Nate, as you will see, wasn't quite as fortunate..

As always, youtube kills the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKmw4dRutmc&feature=user

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9yVdJ64z3g
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

Great vid tarheel. I miss the banks. I haven't been up home in many years.

Jimmy
"It's best not to complain about a splinter to an individual who's lost a limb," Waldnerr.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

And you wanted me to go do that with you when I was in Wilmington a few weeks ago? Not my thing but thanks for sharing the videos. I would have ended upside down and back on shore every attempt. I will stick to the inshore stuff.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
uncdub13

Post by uncdub13 »

Ha, it's not that bad on a calm day. Most mornings i can do a surf launch without hardly getting wet if i time the sets correctly. We never paddled out with tackle that day we shot those videos.
ryan
Rik

Post by Rik »

Erick wrote:And you wanted me to go do that with you when I was in Wilmington a few weeks ago? ..... I would have ended upside down and back on shore every attempt.
C'mon Erick, Man Up! You know that is what we want to see.
KVH

Cape Hatteras

Post by KVH »

uncdub13 - I am going to stay at Frisco Woods in August, any tips for surf fishing in or around Cape Hatteras?
uncdub13

Post by uncdub13 »

August is a little slow up there for surf fishing as far as the big stuff goes (other than sharks of course). Might luck into a big red or maybe a stray cobia, but otherwise you should be able to get into the typical summer small mixed bag (sea mullet (aka whiting, roundheads, etc), pompano, flounder, blues, spanish, and that kinda stuff.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of all the beach closures in the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, but it's a pretty big deal. Check out pierandsurf.com or fishmilitia.com for more info on both the fishing and the beach closures.
ryan