Jensen Beach on the 4th

West Palm to Jacksonville
bluebill

Jensen Beach on the 4th

Post by bluebill »

No pictures but the snook fishing wading the beach was good.

Went over to visit our friends Thursday aftertnoon and fished with excellent fisherman, Carl as my guide.

Good conditions in the trough Thursday evening, sunrise Friday morning and sunset Friday. Got blown up with wind on Saturday morning and evening and same Sunday morning,

Carl caught several nice snook Thursday evening then he caught several more Friday morning including a 12 lb and I caught the largest of my short florida career, a 15 lb fat one. Carl stuck with the fly rod and a green deciever and I used a spinning rod with lead head jigs mostly red and white.

The action was all in the trough north of the inlet. The snook were active when the glass minnows were thick ei before Saturday when the wind kicked way up. There were schools of blue runners working the bait and the odd mackeral.

I enjoyed that so much that I am going to try the beach on Sanibel maybe this Friday morning on the lhigh tide around sunrise.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Beach fishing is great and the east coast does differ slightly from the west but both can be fantastic. Sounds like that was a good trip. When you say north of the inlet, and guess I could pull up a map to familiarize myself with that area, but were you fishing the Hutchinson Island area? Or is that north of the Stuart inlet? I have hear around the Power Plant on the beach side that you can catch all sorts of species of fish, some that dont belong as well. Just curious. I used to kayak and boat fish the intercoastal side of the island and I always liked fishing down there.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
bluebill

Whant Inlet?

Post by bluebill »

We were fishing the beach just to the north of the St. Lucie River inlet. I believe that is the southernmost part of South Hutchinson Island. Yes fishing is good in the IRL there also. I have fished the "spoil islands" north and south of the Jensen Beach causeway accessed by kayak and did well on trout and bluefish. A few of the paddle fishers that live in Stuart/Jensen Beach that I have met do fish the power plant area regularly for tarpon and redfish but I have not and do not know just where the launch site is.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Re: Jensen Beach on the 4th

Post by ChrisR »

bluebill wrote:I enjoyed that so much that I am going to try the beach on Sanibel maybe this Friday morning on the lhigh tide around sunrise.
That is my absolute favorite time and place to beach fish for snook. Good luck!