melbourne area this weekend

West Palm to Jacksonville
prowler

melbourne area this weekend

Post by prowler »

I am going to be hitting up the indian river down south of melbourne beach this weekend. My pops has a place down there. Any tips on whats been working in that area?
"What if the fairy is a crazy glue sniffing fairy? "build model airplanes!" the fairy says. The next thing you know theres money missing of your dresser and your daughter is knocked up!" Tommy boy
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Over the weekend of the DOA tourny I saw the carbonated series of the shrimp work well. The clear with silver glitter shrimp was the key.
The morning glory 5.5 with a chughead produced in the dark hours.
A twitchn rap worked well also.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

It might be worth the drive to fish the Banana River from Merritt Island for those big spring reds.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
prowler

Post by prowler »

my father in laws place is right on some incredible flats with no acces to anyone that does not live there or come in by boat. I have caught my share of nice reds, trout, and even snook wading from his private dock. This will be my first time taking a yak there though. there is a point with some great flats that were just a bit too far for me to wade too before that I am going to hit this time, along with the ussual suspects (docks and grass/mangrove lines). the best part is I can wake up at sunrise and be in the water in 10 minutes tops.....
"What if the fairy is a crazy glue sniffing fairy? "build model airplanes!" the fairy says. The next thing you know theres money missing of your dresser and your daughter is knocked up!" Tommy boy
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

sounds like a great trip you have set up Brett. I would totally join you but I have work today and all weekend so it will be hard for me to get away. Good luck and let me know how it goes. If you swing by Dicks today after 5 I can show you a few lures that have been working for me lately.
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
prowler

Post by prowler »

i dropped $300 there yesterday.. Bassboy was working.. I learned my lesson on my short trout trip that I needed at least two more rods..
prowler

Post by prowler »

wellI saw a ton of monster snook..unfortunatly they saw me too...I landed a few short ones... more than a few big lady fish... I had a monster red on this morning.. but he went under the dock and got away.. did not break me off, I let up on the line to try to get a better position and he spit it out...I watched a huge snook follow my mirrolure, but I guess in the end he had been there and done that.. the real hot spot was actually the atlantic. sat was calm as could be but I did no feel like lugging the yak over, so I just fished from shore with a pompono rig.. caught a lot of whitting and black drum.. the drum were all fairly small though.. still good fun...I could not believe how many snook and reds I saw this morning.. figured it was the day I had to pack it up and leave so I could not even give it a good shot.. I just threw the mirrolure out o see if they were eating.. good fun !!!ntohgin I caught was picture worthy so maybee next time