Jerk Bait Hooks

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
LagoonAddict

Jerk Bait Hooks

Post by LagoonAddict »

Love fishing with hard jerk baits. Hate the treble hooks...and all the damn grass they bring in from the lagoon.....

has anyone tried successfully removing the trebles and replacing them with single, weedless hooks?? Does this effect their action?

Bob
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

This has been discussed for a couple weeks already in another thread. Not sure which one but it's been pretty busy.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Bob,
It's probably been discussed on here many times. Here is the one where it came up most recently.

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... ad+trebles

The treble hooks is a big reason why I'd rather fish with jigs. Areas I fish a great deal are likely to have a lot of floating eel grass. Hence, I don't have a great deal of experience switching to single hooks. I've just chosen to use a regular jig instead.

I hope you find something that works well for you
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

Thanks guys....I found that one thread....I haven't been on in a while so I wasn't aware of the postings..thanks...

love using the hard jerk baits and when the reds hit it, it's just exciting to watch. But when the grass is up, as you well know, you just spend most of your time cleaning off about 5 lbs of rubbish after each cast.

bob
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"