Whats wrong here?

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Dog Guide

Whats wrong here?

Post by Dog Guide »

I have a 2007 Silverado crew cab. This truick has the short bed but 4 full size doors. My Hobie Quest seems to ride weird when I use the hitch attachment that puts the rear of the yak at roof level. I have a V pad on the roof of the truck but the Yak rides (leans) to the side.

I use the hitch attachment to haul 2 yaks and its a tight fit. After I took the 2nd boat off the truck I decided to move my yak completely over the cab and not use the hitch attachment and it seems to ride better.

Any advice on how to position the both boats over the bed of the truck because I don't think I could put both on the cab.

Thanks

Over the bed (notice the lean/)

over the cab

Beautiful day at the roach though.......
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

The kayak is sitting on it's keel. :? Try one of those heave foam kayak blocks or shell out some clams for a saddle system. A pool noodle just won't cut it carry the kayak in that manner unless you carry it deck down.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Flip it...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
countryboy_ucf

Upside down

Post by countryboy_ucf »

I have always carried mine upside down and it works great. You can also put two side by side just tie each one down individually to that back bar or they may decide to fold up into each other during the trip.
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."
Riverpirate

Post by Riverpirate »

1 st take out the peddle drive, then turn it upside down.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

You could just turn it around to avoid the pedals then flip it over.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Shep

Post by Shep »

It's the Quest. No pedals.
New place, new fishing adventures.
Riverpirate

Post by Riverpirate »

Shep wrote:It's the Quest. No pedals.
Sorry it looked like pedals in the picture.
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

by looking at the pics the only thing I see is the tilt to the extender and that is normal. It has to have a little play in it to fit into the receiver. That little bit of play there will translate into a lot the higher up you go. The solution to taking the play out of the receiver is very simple. Attach two strap to the receiver ends down to the bumper corners. Tighten them up and adjust them at the same time to get the extender to the same level as the front part of the rack. Then check to make sure your blocks are not being compressed to one side by the tightening of the holddowns for the Kayak. Just by looking at the pics that is the only thing I can think of that is causing the tilt.

Jimmy