St. Augustine

West Palm to Jacksonville
AKA Rod

St. Augustine

Post by AKA Rod »

Looking for a good place to do some kayak fishing in that aera,the beach south of ST. Augustine,where you can dirve on the beach,or any plave in S.Augestine.
Last edited by AKA Rod on Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

You can drive on Anastasia(sp) beach. You'd be fishing in the Atlantic. North of SA , about 1/2 to Jax Beach is Guana State Park. There is a dam that has "fresh" water on one side and salt on the other. Growing up we used to fish on the Guana Lake side and catch MONSTER Reds on incomming tides. The launch should be easy right past the dam on the lake side. If you plan to try the ICW remember that the currents over there are very strong.

fuzz
I was impressed, that the older I got, the more patient I became. Turns out, I just don't give a shit.

230 ==> 215
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I have fished there one time and it was here-

http://www.devilselbowfishingresort.com/

They have a ramp you can use for $5. Lots of oyster bars and creeks in the area. Huge tides so be careful.

I would also check out the Jacksonville Kayak fishing board. They have a destinations page that may help you out.

http://www.jaxkayakfishing.com/phpBB/index.php
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

I kayak fished the Salt Run a few years back, it wasn't the best time of year..flounder, trout, and jacks. There is a nice launch inside Anastasia SP.
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
AKA Rod

Post by AKA Rod »

Thanks for the info guys, I realy apresate it.I am going to try some of them out.
I am too old to die young.
fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »

it's spelled St. Augustine. just thought i would let you know before DaveR finds out. :P
AKA Rod

Post by AKA Rod »

Cold and windy when I was there,did drive on Anastasia beach,too cold to even shore fish,but a real nice beach.Went inland to the St.John river and watched them fish with super long bambo poles with a huge trebble hook,
they would put cat food in thre water then pull the pole hard and up would come the hook (they try to snag the fish on the way up.)
While I was there they got mullet and flounder.(looked like a lot of work and not much sport to it)
PS-I will stick to my spining rod and reel. :lol:
AKA Rod

Post by AKA Rod »

fishpirate wrote:it's spelled St. Augustine. just thought i would let you know before DaveR finds out. :P
Thankyou-I am not good at reading or writing,but I am trying.