St Marks Lighhouse 5-26-2007

Big Bend to Pensacola
jsuber

St Marks Lighhouse 5-26-2007

Post by jsuber »

After getting everyone signed in this morning for the kayak fishing tournament I went out to the Oyster Bar on the flat less than 500 yards away and starting tossing a suspending Bite-A-Bait. I picked up one 18" Trout and got a cobia to bump it twice but no luck. I changed over to a 1/O hook and a 7" Glow Gulp jerkbait and proceeded to reel in one Trout after another up to 18.5". Big Irish came out to to the Oyster Bay in his Red & White Pelican and told us he found a VHF radio laying on the rocks and thought it might be mine and left it on my truck. He was right. I left my spot and got my radio before someone less honest found it. I then proceeded to the East River to catch a few Reds. No luck for quite some time. But I did pick up my first local Flounder of the year, then another. I came across a Lady fish and a Gafftop while casting a 1/8 DOA red jighead and Glow Gulp 4" minnow. I kept the minnow working and picked up two rat reds and one had a beautiful blue tint on his tail. I saw some Menhaden doing the counting sheep move like they were jumpiong over a fence, so I cast in the vicinity and picked up a small juvenile Cobia. All in all it was a diversified day and I caught a slam and a grand slam. Not a bad day in the gulf. I love the Forgotten Coast.
Fish the Forgotten Coast.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Did you pick up your bite-a-bait at Jerry's?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch