Atlanta Fly Fishing

Let's hear reports from other places.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Atlanta Fly Fishing

Post by Erick »

Met a good friend of mine who is doing double time between Atlanta and Orlando for a little fly fishing on the Chatahoochee. Now I have fished on it before as I lived less than 1/8 of a mile away, the area we fished was much different than the stretch of river I fished. It was closer to the damn and the waters really rush in that area. And the banks are almost straight up and down, red clay/mud and a good 15 to 20 feet in most spots. Getting down wasnt so bad, you could just slide (or fall), but coming back up was difficult. Not too mention my early morning bath after trying to cross the river in an area that was 1) too deep, 2) too strong a current and 3) void of anywhere for me to put my right foot after the first step. So after a somewhat annoying yet comical start to my trip, I settled in for what was enjoyable, minus the unplanned swim and falling down the bank. I managed a tiny brown on Saturday afternoon, which was good because they stopped stocking those years ago so the ones that are left are reproducing. I missed several others but Mark caught, I think 4 rainbows, actually more that day. Think we saw a total of 8 deer (all does) and two fawns. Today was better, I didnt swim or fall, and that was a plus. I did manage a nice rainbow, got broken off once and missed three other fish. But I improved, got a better feel for the area and do hope to go back. Big difference in fishing that river and the stream in the mountains. Oh yeah, we had some great burgers at a place called Pickles (BLT Burger on Texas Toast) and some good Q at Swallow at the Hallow (think that is how it is spelled, one of my favorites from when I lived there). Once I get the photos emailed to me and download mine I will put them up.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing