I'm from Pensacola...No Fish report

Big Bend to Pensacola
MrSpectaculous

I'm from Pensacola...No Fish report

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Like you guys care! I moved from Pcola in 86 to St. Pete. I just went for a visit and was amazed how much and how little the town has changed. I was afraid it had been over developed like so much of Florida but it is still as green and remote as I remember...at least where I grew up.

The Hurricane really put a hurt on the area...trees were still down and garbage was all over my old hood. I spent the weekend at a hotel on the beach called Paradise Inn...It was real nice and right on the beach on the intercoastal side. It cost ,me $67.00 per nite for a queen sized bed, microwave, cable, and a small fridge. It really was a cute little room and real clean. My wife loved it. Bring your own pillows tho' and be advised the beds are super soft.

It was to cold and windy to fish and with me defending my State Championship this weekend I did not want to risk getting sick with a cold so I only reconned the area. 1st is they have unprecidented PUBLIC access to the water. Every where you go is a good launch with sandy beach and no sea walls. Also lots of public parking all along the waters edge and I mean every where I went. Escambia bay, the Beach, Perdido bay....all of it. Most of the locals I spoke with said Bull Reds were the hot fish in the area..and after seeing the water I can believe it. I imagine the Flounder bite is pretty strong as well as the conditions were perfect.

Most of the Condo's on the beach were empty..In fact the whole beach seemed empty. all the boats I saw on the water were either construction or commercial craft...no personal craft except large off shore Marlin boats. Seeing all the old bridge piled ip in the bay gave me a real hard on..imagine a 3 mile reef all the way across Tampa bay? I wish i could have fished it.

From the Visitors center..I wanted to fish this

From my sisters condo..(She's single)

The Gulf of Mexico on that day

Every Condo was empty..Really creepy at night but when we walked the beach we never saw another soul

Looking down the beach..can you see the pier in the disatnce?

This little creek went on forever into a field of grass fed from the intercoastal

Are we there yet? I almost did not make it to the water.....It was like 400 yards from the road..Sand dunes suck!

The dock from behind my hotel...Easy launch and the water color change is from depth not grass. It went from shallow to VERY deep.

A look from the hotel across Pensacola Bay...It's deep!

More deep water views. One minute it's knee deep and the next it's over your head.

It was around 80.00 in gas and 201.00 for 3 nights. I'll be making a fishing run soon when it warms up.

I miss my home town!
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

count me in.
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
Redboner

Pensacola

Post by Redboner »

Bill, I went thru P-cola on my way to Texas and wanted to spend a few nights around Perdido Bay at the Blue Angels military campground. Unfortunately the water was too cold and it was really windy so I opted to head for South Padre Island Texas. I am considering a stop there on my way back in a week or so and hope the weather is better. I was stationed in Ft.Walton Beach at Eglin AFB for 5 yrs from 78 to 83 and am looking forward to fishing some old spots. I will try to get some pics when I go thru.

Tom
"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary"
Patrick McManus
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Tom,
I have a spot at Port St Joe you can try if you're going to go across 98 to get to that area.

Bill,
Single sister with waterfront property? You've been holding out on me!

:lol:

Pensacola I don't know that well but Panama City Beach through Carabelle I've fished it a lot. What a great area of Florida to visit.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
BBabcock

Post by BBabcock »

I spent about four year up in Pensacola. What a perfect community that would be to fish with a paddle craft. I was up there several months ago and was out on the Pensacola Pier. Several Kings were caught in the hour I was there. I imagine you would catch a 1 oz egg sinker to the head if you tried to fish out past that pier with a yak. If a trip was planned around ling-cobia season I would definitly consider it. If you think the beach tarpon fishing around here is great you must see the nuts strapping household ladders to john boats to get a better view.

-Brian