Fly fishing the Venice area.

Flamingo to Big Bend
adirondacjack

Fly fishing the Venice area.

Post by adirondacjack »

Are there any fly fishermen in the Venice area? I am new to kayaking and learning the water. :?:
rev

Post by rev »

Louisiana or Florida?
adirondacjack

fly fishing

Post by adirondacjack »

I am in the Venice Florida area and looking for people who enjoy fly fishing. I am new to the Kayaking and would like to meet other people in the area with the same interests.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Check out Casy Key Outfitters. Kevin is a great guy and can point you in the right direction.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
rev

Post by rev »

Wasn't this post previously under the "Other Places" forum? If not, I am, indeed, going completely crazy.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Yes it was. Once it was posted that it was Venice, Florida, I figured it might get better responses in this forum.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Try this group in Sarasota;

http://www.mangrovecoastflyfishers.com/
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Try this group in Sarasota;

http://www.mangrovecoastflyfishers.com/
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
silentrunning

Post by silentrunning »

I don't fly fish, but I'm always looking for a Saturday morning fishing partner- fresh or salt water. I love flats fishing in Lemon Bay or going up the Myaaka River. As of late the upper river has an awful lot of skunks in it though.

Doug
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
Silverspoon

Post by Silverspoon »

I launched at Snook Haven one time while Paddy was judging at Fox Lea. This is one beautiful river. I was not really prepared for fishing as I only had a couple of beetle spins with me and yes I caught the big black and white furry thing , but the trip was splendid! I would like to try paddling a little farther down the river into the brackish area and see what I can hook up.