Flamingo 11-25

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
Fuzzy Bruce

Flamingo 11-25

Post by Fuzzy Bruce »

Saturday before dawn I launched from the campground at a falling tide. Had the area all to myself. All the pole boats were headed somewhere else.

After several jacks, ladies and cuda's were C&R found me near a school of juvie poons near the stilt houses. Hooked a couple, landed nada.

Then a small v-bowed aluminum boat of some rude Latins pulled up and started throwing a net that must have been 12' or bigger between me and the poons. That net sure made a bunch of noise as these guys were clearing it against the inside of that unlined tin boat. Time to move before I create an international incident!

At the cut between the Joe and land I hooked an 8" cuda on a full size spook. I remove the forward hooks on all my spooks so I decide to grab the spook. Not smart. The little bastfella decide to flop around and his cat like teeth landed on one of my fingers. Since blood (mine) was spilled, this guy had to die.

Small cuda's must be shark candy since this guy was free-spoold on my 4000and was picked up within minutes. To bad I didn't have some wire, The shark got away.

On the grass flats south of Joe, I hooked 14 trout and landed 12 of them mostly small. It's the way, out of season I can catch snook or trout. Also hooked a decent red but lost it at the yak while fumbling for the camera.

I don't know if it was because of the wind but, at low tide around 2pm it was as low as I've ever seen!

A great day in Flamingo, as always, was made even better with the meeting of Makorev. We must have jaw-jacked for an hour before he headed to Bradley and I made a few futile blind casts at where a poon was seen then loaded up for my trip back to the casa de doublewide of my buddies on 27. Uhg.. more turkey at his "house"

Almost forgot Fine third world hand-rolled ceegars and a few Presidentes and Grolsh were consumed
All my hobbies can or have hurt me!