The good mojo kayak

Flamingo to Big Bend
TerryW

The good mojo kayak

Post by TerryW »

9 and 0 --- That's the new Hobie's non-skunk trip count to date.

I thought that Vlap was taking me to a really cool near-home SOTE spot today. He was waiting for me at the launch at 8 am since he decided to not sleep at all last night.

We went south into some spots he'd checked out on the maps and that I'd heard about. The east wind, she was a blowin'. Really! Jeff managed one small redfish. I saw a snook. We checked out lots of great looking spots.

Jeff decides to try out the Space Guppy. BLIPPO. Pinfish snagged. :lol:

I'm beginning to think that my perfect run of fish catching on the new kayak was coming to an end. I went looking for trout. It has been forever since I've been out and haven't at least caught several trout. Zero evidence of a trout in the area today. : (

Jeff was giving in to his lack of sleep and nodding off. He decided to head home. I was about to pack it all up and head back to CRB where I had caught three redfish and eight trout yesterday. He convinced me to go north, where I'd been one time over a year ago.

BLIPPO --- Pufferfish on. Skunk is off. Or is it? Nah. It's still a skunk.

I pedaled just a bit further to an oyster bar and very nice, clear water. There were a few mullet around, but nothing else. I made a blind cast and BLAMO, fishon. Whoodanghoo. A nice redfish - almost twenty four inches, my largest on artis. (Photo tomorrow when I'm home.)

That redfish was just pure luck of the Mojo Kayak. There was nothing else around.

Beautiful sunrise this a.m. and an even better sunset at the beach tonite. My largest arti redfish to day. It 'twas a good day. Thanks, Jeff!
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
wiggleyourjig

Post by wiggleyourjig »

You think that maybe your just a good angler Terry and the boat has nothing to do with it? Maybe you should keep some of the credit your giving that hobie. Besides a boat with pedals cant have mojo.
Mike
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

I'm with wiggles..It's not luck when you make it happen. Structure fishing is part of creating your own luck...Read the water, make the cast, catch the fish.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Through the help from people on this forum and from time spent on the water, I have certainly improved the "catching" in the past year. However, luck and a boat with good mojo play into it also. :D

Here is the SOTE redfish from yesterday:

35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

I think I see a "gold" jighead on there.

Nice red Terry.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
Rik

Post by Rik »

socks?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Sorry it wasn't a better day but those winds made some challenging conditions out there. Maybe this is a time to start a new thread discussing the effects of cold fronts and wind on fishing? I know it was tough at times to work lures since the wind kept me from being able to feel the lure. The day did start out nicely with lighter winds and a wonderful sunrise.

My only good fish for the day came while working a school of mullet. I didn't measure the fish but he was a tough one and at least pulled a lil drag.

Later on I decided to see how the now infamous "space guppy" would work. I found it resistant to puffer and pin bites. When i did finally lose a tail the lure was very beat up. One pinfish did pay the price for attacking my lure when he got snagged.
Terry, I am glad you got your red. I didn't want to be the one who led you to your first skunk in the new boat. Also like others have said... Its the angler not the boat. Thanks for fishing with me.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

You shouldn't have said that Terry...I think your Mojo may change! You can never taunt it or flaunt it...lol
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

...right, leave the mojo to do it's thing without any act of acknowledgement positive or negitive.

I'm afraid things may go SOTE for you.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://cybermessageboard.ehost.com/paddlef/viewtopic.php?t=1

Post by Norm »

Rik wrote:socks?
The fish Rik...look at the fish :roll: :lol:

That is one FAT red there Terry...nice fish.

Norm
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

What the samhill is wrong with socks, RikeyBoy?
Last edited by TerryW on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

That's the Clinton's cat, right?

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6157/

Meow!
Last edited by LivelyBaits on Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
basebplyr1

Post by basebplyr1 »

I envy you guys for being able to get out on the water during these beautiful days. I have been sitting in the office and hating life all couped up inside and not out in the salt. Nice redfish Terry and nice red to Jeff as well. My largest red on artie was 34 or 36, caught a few years ago in Mullet Key Bayou on a 7MR54. :D

Seth
>~~~}}}<>

"You a disgrace to da man race"
Rik

Post by Rik »

basebplyr1 wrote: My largest red on artie was 34 or 36, caught a few years ago in Mullet Key Bayou on a 7MR54. :D
Were you wearing socks, too?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

What do you have against socks, Rik? They do help protect the pedicure. :lol:
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://cybermessageboard.ehost.com/paddlef/viewtopic.php?t=1

Post by Norm »

TerryW wrote:What do you have against socks, Rik? They do help protect the pedicure. :lol:
I was thinking more along the lines of some black stillettos :roll:

Norm
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld