flooded marsh

Big Bend to Pensacola
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

flooded marsh

Post by finatic »

It's that time! I know of a few places in JAX. Has anyone heard of any areas in the Big bend for those tailin' reds in the grass?
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I've tried it many times, but have never done much. I've seen some gigantic sheepshead up in the grass, but not many reds.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

from JAX take 95 south to 528 east then 1.5 blocks south on 3. Knock on apt #6 ask for BearsFan
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

Dustin, have you got any of those sheepies on fly?

Peter, I will be there soon! :wink:

finaticdesigns.com
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I have had good luck with sheepies on gotchas
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Jeff,
I got a real nice sheepy to eat a Merkin last August (and I lost him unfortunately), but I haven't had much success otherwise. They're tough customers.
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

Alot of people overlook sight fishing for the sheepies and especially throwing a fly at them. They can be as finicky as a bonefish if not worst!
I've spotted some tailin' recently. If I try to target them then I probably won't see them anymore! :!: It works for bones.
The last time I was in the keys I didn't see one bonefish all week but, lots of cudas so, the last day I decided to target cudas and what did I see?
I casted the cuda fly for the hell of it on the bonefish's nose and he didn't spook! :shock: The minute I decided to change flies he spooked and then I never saw another bone! :x

finaticdesigns.com