Weedon Report - NOW WITH PICS!

Flamingo to Big Bend
blindcast

Weedon Report - NOW WITH PICS!

Post by blindcast »

So I decided to take my new girl out after all. We arrived early at the launch with two coats of bugspray on and set off to the first spot.

Not too long after arriving I had a nice mid 20's red on, landed it and took a pic... that was the end of my fishing for the day. Between placing her bait (yes bait - I wanted to take it easy on her) on her hook, sitting for a minute, helping her land a red, take a picture and then setting her up again, I didn't have much time for myself. The reds were cooperating a little TOO well.

It was totally worth it to see her catch not only her first redfish ever but her second and third. She couldn't contain herself and her smile never disappeared.

To boot, the little time we had to wait for a bite, I was able to explain every movement around us. Mullet jumping, birds calling, Snook popping... I truly enjoy being an observer out on our flats... Not to mention being able to sound knowledgeable to a beautiful woman. (Thank you fishing mags.)

Just out of casting distance, we witnessed schools of finger mullet jumping out of the water all at once while being pounced on by big big snook... quite a sight even for me much less my newbie.

I thought about going for them but I don't want to spoil her... there's plenty of time to work her on up to a 30inch snook.

All in all, a great experience.
Last edited by blindcast on Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
tbray

sweet

Post by tbray »

so where is the pic?
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

I'll put some up tonight.
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

Here's my girl catching her first saltwater fish ever... Remember that feeling?

Here is the result. One of three she caught that day... (mumble grumble)

Image[/img]

My 24inch red. YUM!

Image[/img]
RobKelley

Post by RobKelley »

Nice fish.....

R
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

I'm glad her first trip out went well Bill.

The two of you should come out to a BAC,K gathering. We should supply the beers for both you and your date since you did such a great job with the BAC,K logo!
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

I did such a great job, you chose not to use it...

kidding :D

Making the next BACK meeting has been a priority of mine for awhile. This past weekend I wanted to break her into kayak-fishing on our own so she was more comfortable though. It looks like you guys had fun.

We'll try and make the next meeting for sure!
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

I did such a great job, you chose not to use it...
Pure laziness, nothing else. I need to get the other one up there instead :oops:

When you guys make it out, have her "bring a friend" :wink:
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

Will do!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

A good looking girl that will also wade fish, a lot to be said for that.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
islander

Post by islander »

All the while, she is just a bait fisher"person". That's kinda excusable, being blonde. Did she try to reel with the rod upside down? Not knocking, I 've seen some pretty smart guys do this.

I do want to commend you on the report and the girl. I took this from a recently published manners book...
> 1. Always offer to bait your date's hook, especially on the first date.

You did well. A natural. :lol:
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

:lol:

No, she used the rod correctly. And she did a great job of fighting the fish too.

Just a couple of sceams. Once when she was surrounded by mangrove seeds and thought they were leaches of some sort attacking her.

I did bait her hook... she didn't like the shrimp much. Happy to do it.

I was pretty impressed with the way she quickly adapted to wade fishing as well. The water was pretty murky and as you can see, it's past mid thigh on her. I remember my first few wade trip... kinda freaky.

I'm proud for sure.
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Great Report.. It's good to see the hotties fishing. I got one (Don't know how) but I landed her in a Seafood Restraunt so odds are she would like to fish (You single guys take note..I may be homely and poor but I got Game)...The Trout in my avatar is her fish, she never caught one that big being from Chicago and all thats why i'm grinning ear to ear...She was hysterical...but would not touch it lol thats why i'm in the pic and not her.

I'm dreaming of putting her onto a big Jack Crevalle. I mean a real reel breaker. That will be one of my greatest treasures.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS