Mixed reports w/pics from 7/20-7/26

Flamingo to Big Bend
cubs83

Post by cubs83 »

Here's a few mixed reports from the last week or so.

David and I went out to Jewfish Beach a few days back and stayed there from sundown to sunup with a few friends from Texas hoping for a big shark/jewfish but came up empty handed except for this overslot snook...

That was all for the night, this beach showed signs of red tide (dead fish), so it'll be a slow summer of sharks for us I believe.

This week we had two trips with Dan McAtee of St. Louis and David and I guided in the two days him to jumping 5 juvenile tarpon (Golden bream exudes), catching a few small snook (Skitterwalk), and catching this nice 6# red with David yesterday...

David and I went out early yesterday to find some redfish. David caught this overslot fish on a DOA Shrimp (Clear) while I was taking some footage of one of the dozens of big sharks cruising the flats...

Click the image for the video. We caught some ladyfish and chunked them up to see if the sharks were in feeding mode. We ended up going one for four on the flats sharks with David landing a small bull. There were some 7 and 8 foot Lemon Sharks out there (like the one in the video), so be careful with your stringers!

Sorry for the mixed report...
trans·plant 
–verb (used with object)
1. to remove (a plant) from one place and plant it in another.
2. to move from one place to another.
3. to bring (a family, colony, etc.) from one country, region, etc., to another for settlement; relocate.
reel fun

Post by reel fun »

Hey Cubs, nice report, what area do you live? Is the RT gettin bad or staying on the beaches?
Keep Em Wet
07 yanks
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Great report as always.

Larry