7-8-06~A TON (2,000 lbs.) of fun beach report!

Flamingo to Big Bend
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Shane-you should let David be your spokesman from now on. :wink:

On another note-

How many grouper sandwiches would you get from a 500 lb Jewliath Grouper? :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Well said David.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
X-Capt Bill

Post by X-Capt Bill »

OK, Point's are made and I think well taken. Time to move on here?
XCB
cubs83

Post by cubs83 »

John, I definitely understand/understood where you are coming from and no personal comments were made...

Didn't mean to use my "inflammatory" remarks in a negative way.

David's right...if you were there and/or actually took a chance to get to know us you would understand how we take care of the fishery.

Todd...I'd say enough to feed the whole paddle fishing forum. Fish fry? :lol:
trans·plant 
–verb (used with object)
1. to remove (a plant) from one place and plant it in another.
2. to move from one place to another.
3. to bring (a family, colony, etc.) from one country, region, etc., to another for settlement; relocate.
Ray H

Post by Ray H »

Thanks for the reply, David. If I offended either of you guys, I'm sorry. That's probably the biggest reason that I rarely post on any forum anymore - some folks (not necessarily you guys) can't take it when a few people disagree with the masses. I think you know that I, too, care about the fishery more than I do about catching fish. That's why my opinions come across very strongly sometimes. Don't get me wrong - catching fish is very important to me, but it's not the end-all.
As for the jealousy and fame thing, I'll say two things and go away. First, you guys have been around this and other forums long enough to know that it's very common for people to reply to comments like mine with the tired old, "well, you're just jealous because you can't catch fish like that." I was just trying to head off that argument. No jealousy here, though I'll admit that I'm envious of the time and energy you guys have to fish. Finally, believe it or not, like it or not, you guys have quite a following on the forums. That's the fame I was referring to. It's akin to Barry Bonds saying he doesn't want to be anybody's role model. I told you both when I met you in person that, through all of the pictures that you post, you're looked up to by alot of people. I also told you that I felt you were being somewhat irresponsible by showing some of the pics, like nighttime tarpon fishing in kayaks and many of your shark pics. We can PM each other if you want to discuss it further, but I think you know where I'm coming from. I didn't intend to attack either of you, I'd just like to see more proof of how much I know you care about being responsible and accountable fishermen.
Roughing it smoothly
cubs83

Post by cubs83 »

Thanks for the reply Ray H...if you actually knew us more personally you would know we are extremely humble and do not take credit for anything at all. We owe the fish we catch to our maker anyways. We would never say anything close regarding the "jealous" comments. It's not our nature.

I respect your appreciation for the fishery as well, sir.

We have done some irresponsible stuff (we admit it all the time), we are laying low on that more and more, but still like the thrill of an adventure. If it's any consolation, I wrote a Big Game Kayak Safety article for Onshore/Offshore in this month's publication. Do as I say, not as I do for some of it, but we don't recomend any of the irresponsible stuff to anyone.

Sorry for any of the confusion.
trans·plant 
–verb (used with object)
1. to remove (a plant) from one place and plant it in another.
2. to move from one place to another.
3. to bring (a family, colony, etc.) from one country, region, etc., to another for settlement; relocate.
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Based on a 35% yield and not making them too big that's about 700 sandwiches (not that I am advocating eating them or anything).
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing

Post by Guest »

OMG!!! i didnt read more than 2 comments of this argument, but the bottom line is. THEY THOUGHT WERE FISHING FOR SHARKS. and who wouldnt want to opportunity to catch a goliath grouper off a beach.

id do it, in faCT IM GOING TO DO IT...

snukcruk
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

If you had read the comments you might be able to make an informed contribution to the topic. :roll:
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Wow. Everyone seems pretty civil here. Must be the new regime at P-F.com......
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Maybe we need another poll?
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

I'm just glad David wasn't wearing that rediculous wife-beater again :roll:

Sorry 160oz of beer can make a guy a little silly...now where are my crocs... :lol:

just kidding Ray! Even in my inebreated state I wouldn't go there.

Shut up todd and rik I hate you both :D

Some body call me in a couple hours so I don't miss my ride to the glades, damn its 12:13 am and I still have to re-spool my rods!
- Jon
wadefisher616

Post by wadefisher616 »

Vercetti wrote:I'm just glad David wasn't wearing that rediculous wife-beater again :roll:
LOL. Yeah that was pretty rediculous. You forgot to mention the backwards hat too. 8)
Camera I use: Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ20

www.hightailincharters.com
saltwater_cowboy
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by saltwater_cowboy »

Awesome night out guys 8) Great report!!!
griseus

Post by griseus »

Just wanted to say that, while I have mixed feelings about the photos, I'm really impressed with the civility of the disagreement on this thread. A basically level-headed debate on an internet forum in which each side uses reason and listens to the other? Who'd a thunk it?