Bigger pic of my tourney red

Flamingo to Big Bend
MrSpectaculous

Bigger pic of my tourney red

Post by MrSpectaculous »

So you can see the lure and measurement better :D
Pulled out of a large mullet school, Rootbeer DOA/wChartreuse tail (4") and Gold Mission Fishin jig head 1/8th ounce.

Revived and released
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Ya know now with the pinched tail rule it's going to be more difficult to measure fish while taking pictures in tourneys.
Nice red!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Bob/FLA

Redfish

Post by Bob/FLA »

Nice fish!

Bob
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

DaveR wrote:Ya know now with the pinched tail rule it's going to be more difficult to measure fish while taking pictures in tourneys.
Nice red!
Your so right, Better equiptment would help me. My camera is as big as a Cuban Sandwich and takes two hands to make ready. A camera man would also help :D

Aside from tourney's tho i'm sure the novelty will wear off me and i'll stop taking pics. I have a disposable water proof but it takes forever to get the pics developed cuz I don't catch that many fish :cry:
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Mangrove Man wrote: cuz I don't catch that many fish :cry:
You keep catching them like that and you don't need to catch alot!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Fishwhistler

Post by Fishwhistler »

very nice red fish MM!!
My favorite a 1/8oz gold Mission jig. :wink:
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

I thought that little slit in the belly of the baits was the bottom???

Then i seen toddle have them that way, Tell me i havent been using mineupside down for about a year?
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

prowler13angler wrote:I thought that little slit in the belly of the baits was the bottom???

Then i seen toddle have them that way, Tell me i havent been using mineupside down for about a year?

See my question in the rigging section. With a jig head I don't think it matters either way is not very weedless. I had the same color on a weedless rigged the same direction and it was very good at pulling thru the grass something it did not do to well at right side up.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Mako

Post by Mako »

that's a nice orange kayak MM :wink:

oh, and a nice redfish :D
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
wadefisher616

Post by wadefisher616 »

Nice fish MM!

I think you cheated yourself on the length though. That fish is bigger than 26"! Probably closer to 27.5". Not that it matter because you won anyways. Great job!
Camera I use: Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ20

www.hightailincharters.com
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

that's a nice red! we'll have to go fish maybe sunday am...or friday pm for a few hours...
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
tbray

niceee

Post by tbray »

sweet fish- I was lookig at the pic also thinking- have i been riggin my cals upside down???
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

I saw a video of Todd of Slingin baits putting one on as shown in my pic. Thats when I started to question whether the package has the correct method. That red hit it hard and it was because it was moving in the mullet school and not because of it's shape. I asked him and thats what he said so I released him :lol:
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS