Jumbo shrimp shortage???

Flamingo to Big Bend
Rev. Tom

Post by Rev. Tom »

I believe they are offshore spawning right now. The only size you should need, if you are "matching the hatch" is regular. But then again, don't take me seriously, I am an artificials only guy who is leaving to country to fish in cooler climes. What could I know?
"My knowledge can only be finite, while my ignorance must, necessarily, be infinite."
--Karl Popper
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Yes, there is a shortage of shrimp right now. The storm pushed them away and they have had trouble finding them, or so I have been told.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

its typical of this time of year.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
annamariaslim

Post by annamariaslim »

Agree with cook, it's just that time of year, the hotter the water gets the less shrimp. Time to catch some shiners!
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Talking to the bait shops today, yes it is typical for this time of year, however the full moon coupled with the storm pushed the shrimp further away than normal.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
GetRwet

Post by GetRwet »

If you don't catch with them & have leftovers. They make for a good fresh cocktail shrimp plate! :)
Paddling....Nature.....Peace....................& Plugs!
tbray

really

Post by tbray »

When the bait shop kept telling me they were spawning, I thought they forgot to pay their bill again. Not that i would ever buy live bait, with all of the quality artificials out there :roll:
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

I can recall that it seems like early September when the bait shops seem to get the larger shrimp in. My Dad still likes to pitch them when they come in the Fall and if he comes in late August the shrimp are sometimes pretty small, but it seems like the ones they've given him the past couple of Septembers have been decent sized.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
hotfishinmomma

Post by hotfishinmomma »

they guys at the bait shop down by the veteran's park ramp said they're still offshore spawning - another month or two and they should be coming in.