Just Getting My Feet Wet

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
fordee9r

Just Getting My Feet Wet

Post by fordee9r »

I've only lived in FL for a little over 3 years and bought a house in Holiday. My first Christmas down here, my son gave me some fishing gear. I got a license and tried several times fishing from shore with little success. On another forum, I hooked up with a couple of different guys & went out on their boats. The fishing was better than from shore but even sharing expenses was a hit in the pocket. ($20-$30) I continued fishing from shore with the same limited success.

On this past Father's Day, I drove over to Tampa & came home with a yak I found on Craigslist. It's a Native Ultimate Angler, 14.5 ft tandem. I've been rigging it to suit my needs & am looking forward to making my maiden voyage. A couple of weeks ago I developed a severe pain in my shoulder & have been resting it & nursing it back to health. Hopefully, it'll heal soon & I can get out on the water!

Anyone in northwest Pinellas or southwest Pasco counties willing to help out a raw rookie? I'd love to hear from you. I'm still working full time so my days off are limited. :salute:
"We may not have all come over on the Mayflower but we're all in the same boat now!"
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Just Getting My Feet Wet

Post by DaveR »

Welcome sir!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.