Hello :)

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
Badknot

Hello :)

Post by Badknot »

My name is Brandon I'm 26 years old and am Currently living in Tampa. I have loved fishing since I was a kid, but didn't get to go out to often. As I was growing up I took on a lot of other activities and unfortunately stopped fishing through my High school years. I ended up joining the Marine Corps out of high school, and went from growing up in Seattle, WA, to being stationed in NC. That's when I started to pick up fishing again.
To make a long story short, I got out of the marine corps, and moved down here in 2010 with a couple friends. Started out fishing the Skyway pier, and other local piers in the area. I than slowly ventured over to the wade fishing side and loved it, then.....I purchased a Kayak last year. It has been one of the best purchases I've ever made. Going from the same pier type fishing, to actually be able to get out on the water, and pick and choose what I want to fish has reignited that love for fishing.
Now I want to be able to meet some people who enjoy that same love for fishing. I came across this forum and this seems to be exactly what I was looking for; Its local, has the small tournaments that allows us all to get out there, and compete but more importantly to have fun and make friends. I look forwared to meeting you guys, and one day when its not so busy at work make it to one of your gatherings.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: Hello :)

Post by Manning »

My vote is that this is the best newbie intro I have read in along time. Welcome.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Thank you for your service and Welcome to the forum.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Flatz Komander

Post by Flatz Komander »

Welcome aboard! Thanks for your service!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

Welcome! It's nice to see more younger guys around here... Where do you fish mostly? I usually stick north of Courtney Campbell around Double Branch. I'll be getting out Saturday, you're welcome to join if you can. The more the merry.
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
Badknot

Post by Badknot »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I really look forward to fishing with all of you and getting to know you guys. Kmeng I would love to head out, unfortunately I'm on call Saturday so cant make it out there. Would love to know how you do though.