New to board, addicted fly yakker

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
jtpresents

New to board, addicted fly yakker

Post by jtpresents »

Hi all,
got a card on my car yesterday, always looking for yak opportunities when I'm in town, I use the stnadnfish.com rig for sight fishing etc, fav. thing is fly fishing for bonito or false albies in the gulf! been catching pompano on both the fly and spin lately though...will be in touch.
jt
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: New to board, addicted fly yakker

Post by Manning »

Welcome aboard. Looks like Rik's "prospecting" (leaving cards on cars at the launch) paid off. We were out there with you on Sunday looking for pompano too. We caught just about everything else, but no pompano.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
jtpresents

Post by jtpresents »

hmm, yep that was us, only caught one but it was on the fly and a big un :D
JT
http://www.youtube.com/user/jtpresents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I spent most of my life (fly) fishing, the rest I just wasted."
-J.Allen
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Welcome JT.

Be thankful, there are worse things he leaves on vehicles. :wink: :lol:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Rik

Post by Rik »

Welcome. That was us also out there yesterday. Blue Native Ultimate 14 for me.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jtpresents

Post by jtpresents »

you guys were like a fleet or yak armada :)
JT
http://www.youtube.com/user/jtpresents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-J.Allen
Rik

Post by Rik »

There was an unusual number of kayak fishermen out there. The 4 of us had the whole place to ourselves early on then more and more started showing up. I think our numbers kept the power boaters away!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jtpresents

Post by jtpresents »

oh I like this vid better sorry if it's redundant...

JT

-J.Allen
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Hey Rik, that kayak he is fishing out of looks like yours with training wheels.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Rik

Post by Rik »

Manning wrote:Hey Rik, that kayak he is fishing out of looks like yours with training wheels.
I wasn't going to say that Steve. He's a new guy. We usually wait a while before we poke fun. He might be one of those sensitive fly fishing types.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Rik wrote:
Manning wrote:Hey Rik, that kayak he is fishing out of looks like yours with training wheels.
I wasn't going to say that Steve. He's a new guy. We usually wait a while before we poke fun. He might be one of those sensitive fly fishing types.
Hey....I like Fly fishing, Stabilizers, as well as using EggBeater reels......Ok so Iam a little Sensitive I guess I am Bi Pole R....... :? Not to fear AFY dish it out these boys can take it.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Rik

Post by Rik »

You're too old to pick on Joe. I'd never pick on an old guy. We should respect old guys.
jtpresents

Post by jtpresents »

Pick away fellers, I grew up in Jersey so this is nothing! With my aging arms though you can see me with a coffee grinder in hand, taking a rest now and again, especially for those pompano, (seems to be more effective that way) of which I nailed a big one that day on the fly. As to the training wheels, I've never come close to falling in and can actually see what's in those potholes, a whole new world up there gentlemen :)
best
JT

-J.Allen