Looking for a good launch

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
osufan1

Looking for a good launch

Post by osufan1 »

Hi guys, I am new to this site but have been kayaking for about 3 years up in Jacksonville. I recently bought my grandson who lives in Pinellas Park a kayak and am getting him into kayak fishing. He has been riding in the back of mine for awhile but has gotten too big for that. In the next couple of weeks I am going down for a visit and want to take him out for a little fishing and training in his new yak. I would like some help picking out a good launch to use where the paddle is not too difficult and maybe we can get on some fish. Also someplace where the water is good no matter what the tide happens to be since I am just going to be there for a couple of days, but I do come down 5-6 times a year and will be taking him out most visits. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Hope to meet some of you on the water sometime. Thanks again and tight lines!!!
mrpj1972

Re: Looking for a good launch

Post by mrpj1972 »

Rik

Post by Rik »

Fort Desoto is a good choice. Turn right/west onto a short road just after the toll booth and before you go over the bridge. Launch from the beach. Easy paddle and there's usually fish around.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
osufan1

Post by osufan1 »

Thanks for the info. Think I'll try out Ft. Desoto when I get down there