new member/ hunting kayak info

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
18hpx

new member/ hunting kayak info

Post by 18hpx »

New Member, I joined because I am thinking about getting a kayak to fish the shallow water areas near the little manatee . I know nothing about kayaks and want to learn as much as possible before I buy one. I have been looking at 12 ft sit on top models. So far I am very interested in the Mo Jo Angler . I am 5'11'' 260 lbs, not looking to travel far or deep. I need paddle information as well as kayak roof rack info. Thanks for any help.
Joe R
Hillbilly
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Re: new member/ hunting kayak info

Post by Hillbilly »

Personal opinion, buy used for first Kayak, cheaper and talk to seller. There is a lot of "Local Knowledge". Look on the Classifieds posted for a good deal. 2cents, please!
Tempted and Tried by a Fine pair of Legs
Likewise Enticed by Over Easy Eggs
18hpx

Post by 18hpx »

Thanks for taking the time to try and help,I live in Valrico Fl. near Brandon/Tampa if you know of anyone selling a kayak near this area please E mail me(Redfisher16ft@aol,com).
18HPX/ Joe R
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

@ 260 I'd suggest 14' kayaks, check on this or other boards classifieds as well as CraogsList.

There are a couple 4 sale on this board search for a post by Heywood
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Welcome 18hpx ..I agree with Krash.. 5 11 and 260 is pushing the limit of most 12ft. kayaks. And used it a good way as you can usually sell it for what ya got in it .A lot of fun is in customizing your boat to your liking so check out the section on rigged and reviewed kayaks..http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feel free to get an opinion here most are pretty free with candid advice.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club