New to the board and kayak fishing.

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
FX4

New to the board and kayak fishing.

Post by FX4 »

Hi, New here and new to Kayak fishing but I am a life long fisherman. My dad had me fishing on the ice of Montana when I was two years old and oddly at age fifty I still remember watching him pull trout out of the hole in the ice. I have fished all over America and a bit of Canada, as well as a trip marlin fishing in Costa Rica. I currently have homes in Naples FL and Pittsburgh Pa though I am originally from California. I decided to get into kayaking primarily for exercise and a little fishing but the more I research things the more interesting fishing from my kayak becomes. I currently own a Wilderness Systems Tempest 17.0 Kevlar. Got a great deal on it because the dealer wanted it sold. Anyhow I'm here to learn all I can about this side of fishing and have already learned a lot reading the forum.

Regards,
Ron
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: New to the board and kayak fishing.

Post by Manning »

Welcome Ron. I moved down here from Pittsburgh about 7 years ago.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Deek
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by Deek »

howdy from central FL
Jackson, Big Rig
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Welcome to the site!!!
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
FX4

Post by FX4 »

Manning wrote:Welcome Ron. I moved down here from Pittsburgh about 7 years ago.
Hi Manning, I like that tarpon you have in your avatar. Where in Florida are you located?
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

FX4 wrote:
Hi Manning, I like that tarpon you have in your avatar. Where in Florida are you located?
Sarasota. I fish in the Sarasota area and north up through to the lower part of Tampa Bay. That avatar is of the first tarpon I ever caught. An unbelievable thrill. I have caught two more since then. If you like my avatar, check out the one DaveR has. It is a short video loop. I shot the video.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Rik

Post by Rik »

Where in Montana? I spent a few years out there.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
FX4

Post by FX4 »

Rik wrote:Where in Montana? I spent a few years out there.
My Dad worked in the lumber mills around Eureka Montana. I'm not certain what lakes we fished. I was awfully young.
FX4

Post by FX4 »

Manning wrote:
FX4 wrote:
Sarasota. I fish in the Sarasota area and north up through to the lower part of Tampa Bay. That avatar is of the first tarpon I ever caught. An unbelievable thrill. I have caught two more since then. If you like my avatar, check out the one DaveR has. It is a short video loop. I shot the video.
Very cool, I have three respectable tarpon under my belt too. I will check out his avatar.
Rik

Post by Rik »

FX4 wrote:
Rik wrote:Where in Montana? I spent a few years out there.
My Dad worked in the lumber mills around Eureka Montana. I'm not certain what lakes we fished. I was awfully young.
You were way up there. Glacier National Park area. I lived in Bozeman for 5 years.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley