Hello everyone

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
Marcccc

Hello everyone

Post by Marcccc »

Hello all

I have been lurking for quite a while now. My wife and I sold our boat some time ago but have missed being on the water something fierce. Not wanting go back to $60 a day fuel bills for a day on the water and all the other associated costs I have been considering a couple of kayaks. I finally have the boss talked in to them. I believe she is somewhat afraid of a small craft on the water although she won't admit it. I am probably a month out on making a purchase and I believe if I start her out in shallow clear water her comfort level and confidence will increase quickly. Whe we first met she had never been out on a small (18ft) flats boat and was terrified. I remember her first ride from the ramp and out the channel at anclote. She was gripping the console so hard her knuckles were white. Once we were on the flats and catching trout she became a pro in no time with no fear. So I think once she is out there she will be ok. Anyway I look forward to making some new memories and new friends.

Marc
Tide1on

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Tide1on »

Welcome!!!
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Welcome aboard!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Deek
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by Deek »

welcome
Jackson, Big Rig
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Welcome to the forum! One of the requirements that I had when I met my new girlfriend is that she has to like kayaking and fishing :wink:
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
Tarpon14089

Post by Tarpon14089 »

welcome.
I am new to kayaking also. you will love it. My girlfriend wants to get one now because she see's how fun it is. Rather have a kayak than a boat any day.

Be safe and have fun