Sarasota area and new to forum

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
drewtonium

Sarasota area and new to forum

Post by drewtonium »

Hey all. Terri directed me here from another forum, and i am glad she did. seems like a nice place, and definately more fishing oriented. i already posted pics of one of the yaks in the rigging section. a rigged percetion swifty 9.5. probably the cheapeast kayak available at any dicks sporting goods. i bought it as a backup for friends and now end up using it more than the big yak beacuase of its lightness and ease of launch. I been fishing the sarasota bay area from robinson preserve to philepe creek since i moved down here three months ago. So far the list of fish is long with reds, trout, grouper, snapper, ladys, snook, blues, flounder, macks and the usual throwbacks. not too bad, but the size of the average fish is a little on the small size. My buddies keep telling me "wait till spring", and i really am looking forwad to the summer fishing. I will have some questions for you guys as the friends of mine down here are strictly inshore flats fishermen. As much as i enjoy the flats, i find myself craving the blue water in the gulf. some general informantion on the seasonal fish down here would be really helpfull. things like.. fish for pompano during the month of ???, ect ect. Thanks all in advance..
Rik

Re: Sarasota area and new to forum

Post by Rik »

The "Welcome to the forum - Read This" post will answer the question I know you have right now.

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 87&t=14628" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Deek
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by Deek »

welcome, I redirected myself a few weeks ago and fished in PFST #3. Had a great time with some nice folks
Jackson, Big Rig
strutzy

Post by strutzy »

Welcome, I'm new also my name is Mark. Bradenton area