New guy, great forum!

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
jwb

New guy, great forum!

Post by jwb »

Just wanted to say hey. I have found this forum recently even though I have been fishing from a kayak for 10 years and never really looked around the Internet much about it. I'm a Sarasota, FL native, live and work here but also have a place in Matlacha where I do most of my fishing. Love pine island sound and Matlacha.

My passion is tarpon fishing and I mainly fish fly. But snook and reds are what I'm after until the poons come back. Fish from a diablo chupacabra and a Gheenoe NMZ.

I did a lot of production fly tying in years past and still love to tie flies and chuck em. I look forward to contributing here and thank the moderators and participants here for putting together a really great forum. Glad I found it!

J
DoubleM

Re: New guy, great forum!

Post by DoubleM »

:wave: Welcome aboard, hopefully you can help spark some life in the fly section. How about sharing some photos on what your currently tying? There's quite a few of us from Sarasota, c-ya on the water.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: New guy, great forum!

Post by Manning »

Welcome from another Sarasota resident. Caught my first poons from the kayak this year and now I am the one that is really hooked.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve