Another new guy

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
JamesL

Another new guy

Post by JamesL »

Hello everyone, my name is James and I just moved to St Petersburg from London last month. I am lucky enough to have a house directly on Tampa Bay and I see guys on kayaks most days.

I just bought 2 Malibu Pro Explorers and although I have never owned a kayak I am really looking forward to getting out on the water (although I am not sure how I am going to get the kayak into the water from the dock).

Been fishing over 20 years all over the world but I have lots to learn from you guys about fishing, kayaks and the two combined.

Cheers

James
DoubleM

Re: Another new guy

Post by DoubleM »

hI

Try using a rope with a clip that you can temporarly attach to the handle. Then get the nose of the kayak in the water and push the boat out until you can slowly lower the rear with your rope. The harder part is getting into it altough that depends on the tide but the good news is it gets easyier w/ practice.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Getting the kayak into the water is easy. Just give it a good push. One pro tip for ya - make sure there's a line attached!

Getting into it from a dock is a whole different story. Please make sure someone is there with a video camera. We have a demerit system around here. When you so something stupid - and we ALL have - it must be documented in pictures.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
JamesL

Post by JamesL »

Thanks for the words of encouragement (I think!).