No kayak, but Peacock

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

No kayak, but Peacock

Post by krash »

Not paddle fishing bank hoping, fresh water tarpon hunt, poon did not cooperate but the small Peacock bass were destroying my soft plastic baits...

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
bluebill

Re: No kayak, but Peacock

Post by bluebill »

Krash....thanks for the report and photos............. was this bank hoping along your home canal

Bass are slow here on the Cape Coral canals. I think the water is still too warm.

I need to go to a wedding in Miami on Nov 19th. Do you think the Miami peacocks will still be active then?
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Yes bank-hopping at its best... Peacocks love hot weather.

Thats part of the plan of most anglers, target LM bass early then Peacock's mid day.
That same day Cordel had a client and they left that spot to hit Peacock and killed them.

November for sure, unless we have a severe cold front, haha, or two but they may be in spawn mode.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

bluebill

Post by bluebill »

ok krash.............can you repeat this fishing feat in June,2018
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Older and lazy... I don;t do much bank hopping any more, but maybe I can get out there and give it a try.
As you can see the photo links seem to have crapped out.. and my local canal the fishing has gone to crap in the last few years. Well gone to crap is a matter of perspective, the LM and Peacock fishing has severly slowed down and changed, the large Tarpon seem to have gone perhaps expired most are in the 20-50 pounds range, but the Snook population seems to have gotten much better... MPO is its due to water quality and food source, the Snook have out eaten the LM and Peacocks.