Lake Surprise

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
godsmack481

Lake Surprise

Post by godsmack481 »

Hey guys, looking for some input on this. I am planning on hitting Lake Surprise down in Key Largo. Was wondering if anyone on the forum has fished there before. I am planning on launching from Gilbert's, heading west to go through the smaller channel that runs parallel to Jewfish Creek, come back through Jewfish, and out to Lake Surprise.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Re: Lake Surprise

Post by krash »

Spent a good part of my teenage life water skiing and para-sailing that lake and across the hi-way in Little Lake Surprise, never fished it. I lived in Sexton Cove just to the South.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
godsmack481

Post by godsmack481 »

Looks like conditions won't be too favorable yet again, never the less I am going out, and hopefully I can deliver some good news. I wish I could post pics, but I use the computer from work and don't have my pics on this pos pc.
TK

Post by TK »

How did it go?
"I am trying to catch tarpon, but these snook keep getting in the way!"
godsmack481

Post by godsmack481 »

Wish I could say I went. Conditions, at least by my house, were too horrible to even load the kayak up and go. So yet again I am waiting for a clearer day to head out.