Laye North Biscayne Report 11-28-29-09

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
Redfishn'Ale

Laye North Biscayne Report 11-28-29-09

Post by Redfishn'Ale »

This is a great time of year, cold front fishing seems to be the bane of my exsistence, whenever I'm free for a day or two you can bet the temps will drop and the winds will pick up. Luckily I live in this great and diverse space known as South Florida and theres always someplace to hide from the wind. For me thats always been North Biscayne Bay, there are so many flats at so many different locations that there are always lee areas where you can stay moderately dry while catching a mess o' trout...they like the wind anyway.

I had two afternoons off so I decided to go see if the specs were back in North Biscayne, I figured it may have been a bit early but I was wrong. The previous front really cooled down the water temperature and on both afternoons we experienced a really solid bite. Most of the fish were keeper size and a few 18-20'' fish were mixed in...not the usual 14'' and under I'm used too this early on in the winter months, good sign?

Well anyway the fish were clobbering anything we tossed, DOA Cals (weightless, paddle-tails on jigheads, etc) Shrimp, Terror-Eyez...yeah, come to think of it I only tossed DOA stuff, it works. I did toss the big skitterwalk for a while hoping for a Gator but I only got a few short strikes before becoming frustrated watching my buddy Cory reel in a few fish.

I'm working like mad all week and I don't know when the next time I'll be able to hit the water, but I think I'll be taking advantage of my home fishery for a bit...$4 in gas vs the cost of an day all trip to Flamingo, Choko, the IRL, yep, sounds good.

Cory's first Trout...he's hooked

Malibu Kayaks Pro Staff
TK

Post by TK »

Love the beer in one hand, trout in the other picture.
"I am trying to catch tarpon, but these snook keep getting in the way!"