FreedomHawks

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bonefishwhisperer

FreedomHawks

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

I will be fishing within a month with David Hadden of Freedom Hawk Kayak fame...I believe he is in charge of sales and marketing...used to be with Heritage and so on...of course this will launch me into the kayak world...the 12ft model is looking sweet ...working on getting them here now
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

You would probably really like the Natives Cordell, I would check those out if I were you.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
tackleman

freedom hawk 14

Post by tackleman »

i love mine, not one you would want to take on a long trip, but that is not why i bought it, to be able to stand while fishing is the reason Image
Capt. Adrian Englert
http://www.mytimecharters.com
Native Slayer Propel 13
perception tribute 14.0
Native Slayer Propel 13
Native Slayer Propel 13
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

I'd like to try a FreedomHawk looks like a good concept, good luck with them BFW, I've heard varying responses from people about them.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

Ya a Native would be an easy transition from a canoe...let us know how the freedom hawk is though
bonefishwhisperer

will be looking forward to entering the kayak tourneyments
Last edited by bonefishwhisperer on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bonefishwhisperer

they will soon be the talk simply because the biggest fish from Biscayne Bay will be coming from them :wink:
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Redfishn'Ale

Post by Redfishn'Ale »

I was very curious to see that 12' version, let us know how it goes.
Malibu Kayaks Pro Staff
vivian

Post by vivian »

BFW, i hope they work for you. we know you can catch trophies even from an inflatabale raft!
bonefishwhisperer

actually I dont know about that...the canoe is vital to success IMO...I understand I will have to rethink almost every move I make until I figure out how to use it effectively...things such as the 12ft pushpole...its too short plus not sure how I will secure it when needing to cast...also not sure if I really need to use the outrigger system...balance to me is not a issue...I see the 12ft model being my favorite but will have to form opinion when put to task....of course I will be inviting you to try it for yourself when they arrive...if it receives YOUR true blessing I am sure 99.9% of the kayking world would believe in them
vivian

Post by vivian »

Hey, I have a canoe and I still can't catch the trophy fish you catch CONSISTENTLY :lol:

I don't think it is the canoe...or the kayak but that is my humble opinion. I think it's YOU!

So you or I fishing from a canoe cannot enter a kayak tournament :shock: How does the Native "canoe" get away with that?
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I fish out of a Canoe and have fished all kind of Kayak Tournaments.....I Im sure as long as it isn't motorized it's all good....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Rik

Post by Rik »

The design of the new 12 foot looks intriguing. The way the outriggers n the 14 winged out made it look difficult to maneuver with them out.

The outriggers on the 12 parallel the kayak so it would be easy to pole.

I wonder if they'll eventually do that also with the 14.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
tackleman

Post by tackleman »

if they are able to do that with the 14' i will have to get one!
Capt. Adrian Englert
http://www.mytimecharters.com
Native Slayer Propel 13
perception tribute 14.0
Native Slayer Propel 13
Native Slayer Propel 13
bonefishwhisperer

I would say yes...1st they have to sell you the 12ft to extract maximum $$$ from the idea...after everybody has bought one thats going to the new 14ft model will come out