Flamingo 10/31/09

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
Redfishn'Ale

Flamingo 10/31/09

Post by Redfishn'Ale »

Headed down to Flamingo with Walter and his wife Margeret, and my buddy Angelo, weather was nice with a 74 degree sunrise and light winds out of the east. The moon was completely full yet but it did weigh slightly on my mind early that morning as it took a bit of searching to find the fish.

At first we were catching barracudas and ladyfish near snake bight but then we ran into a few roving pods of tarpon rolling all around the vicinity of snake bight channel. Mostly smaller fish in the 12-20lb range but a few bruisers were mixed in, we jumped about 7 fish and landed two.

These were Walters' first tarpon so he was pretty content, what impressed me is that he hooked two and landed both of them...my ratio is nowhere near his thus far perfect hook to landing ratio.

We were off the water around 12:30, on the way I decided to check out Pa-hay-okee as I haven't in many years...beautiful place we got in our backyards is all I can say.

Malibu Kayaks Pro Staff
fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »

Great stuff as always. 8)
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

A nice change from most other pictures of crocs on the site.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Good show. I really like that last picture. Was it taken from a tower, elevated boardwalk, or something?
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Beautiful pics Rolando. What are the round things in the trees?
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Redfishn'Ale

Post by Redfishn'Ale »

The croc was about 7' or so, very sluggish due to the weather...only reason I got good pics.

And that is an elevated boardwalk called the pa-hay-okee overlook, it's just about the midway point from the park entrance to flamingo
Malibu Kayaks Pro Staff