Fishing Brevard - Indian River - Mosquito Lagoon

West Palm to Jacksonville
LagoonAddict

Fishing Brevard - Indian River - Mosquito Lagoon

Post by LagoonAddict »

Looks like the east central coast is getting pretty slow here. Anyone up for some fishing in the early mornings???? Lets get something rockin and rollin !!!! I live in Titusville and usually fish from the FP&L plant north. But I'm up to meeting anywhere we can wet a line!
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"
UrbanLegend

Re: Fishing Brevard - Indian River - Mosquito Lagoon

Post by UrbanLegend »

Dang!!! I've got guests coming in town this weekend, so I'm locked down. I'm in Orlando so I'll give you a shout next time I'm headed that way. Looking at some other forums I've been curious about paddling into the port at Canaveral and heading under the drawbridge towards the locks or heading out to the ocean. Have you ever fished this area before?
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

That's alright.....give me a shout anytime and we'll set something up......gonna try to do Manatee Cove Sunday if the weather holds up.....

BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Long paddle to the ocean...... Lots of jacks (and dolphins that eat them) near the locks. There are large rocks lining the entrance to the port that hold fish. Be careful in the port, there are lots of areas to get into that will earn you a long chat with a law enforcement type.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
UrbanLegend

Post by UrbanLegend »

I've fished just outside the locks but never inside. I'll keep in touch and let you know when I'm headed that way. We may be able to link up.
Devodud

Post by Devodud »

If you wanna fish the ocean Ive found it best to go out of Ponce Inlet, or just push off of the beach, I have some good luck doing that. I would be up for some fishing towards the middle/end of next month and going into the fall, PM me if you wanna get together.
If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough!!
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

I have never has my kayak in anything but the river or lakes. I see some folks drag them down the beach at Playalinda but that looks too much like work to me!!

I'm up to fishing anytime....wouldn't mind going out in the ocean if there's a decent launch site.

BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Satellite Beach....
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Devodud

Post by Devodud »

Playalinda is my prefered launch site, most people don't like it because the waves tend to crash harder there than at some other beaches
If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough!!
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

Well, I'm extending an invite to anyone who'd like to fish on Sunday morning....depending, of course, on the weather. I think Tomboy might want to show off Thousand Islands in Cocoa Beach. I've never been there so I would really look forward to it.

Lets keep an eye on Irene and see what happens.

tomboy

Post by tomboy »

I'm in and happy to be the guide if 1000 sounds good. How 'bout the crack of dawn at Ramp Road Park. Take fifth street in Cocoa Beach west til it deadends. Turn left and then almost immediate right onto, surprisingly, Ramp Road. :) Park is at the end of the street. PM me for my phone # if you are unsure of directions.
If you can't be good, be enthusiastic!
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

Cool...I'm in....looks like Irene is going to give us a wink and keep moving away from us. I guess sunrise is right close to 7 a.m. so lets meet at that time. I am usually looking to paddle in by 10:30ish with this heat.

Looking forward to it unless something changes.

tomboy

Post by tomboy »

See you then unless the weather is crappy. Send me a quick PM Saturday night if we need to call if off. I am not any kind of weather predictor.
If you can't be good, be enthusiastic!
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

How did it go? Did anyone get lost back there? How was the post fishing beer?

LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

MOrning on the water at Manatee Cove is always beautiful. Caught a couple trout and there were plenty of "tails" but they wouldn't take anything.....should always bring a crap or two with me...they were "heads in the mud" and could care less what was swimming around them, tomboy finally hit one with a lure and it didn't even bother it.

I've got the next two Sunday's open for some fishing over here if anyone wants to join up....give me a shout.

Trootin

Post by Trootin »

I live over here in Orlando now for school..I fish the lagoon/river twice a week. Been having great success the past few trips, with nice fish from 27-36in. Have only caught 2 over 40in since ive been over here. If anyone is in the pursuit of the giants as I am, PM me.
Team Young & Good Looking