Went Chasing Sailfish 11/27

West Palm to Jacksonville
Blue Magic

Went Chasing Sailfish 11/27

Post by Blue Magic »

Was invited to fish on a buddy of mine 47 Viking saturday over in Stuart. Our goal was to get some sails and dolphin. We left the marina at 7:00 am and headed northeast to our destination which put us just north of Ft Pierce and 14 miles offshore.
Well all we got was Bonita, we could not get away from them, 140 ft, 190, ft, 220, 300 ft, 400 ft, they where everywhere.......never seen anything like that. We could not keep a line in the water without it getting nailed. We never were able to get more than 4 rods in the water until we hit 600 ft. We must have caught 50 Bonita......Enough of this shit ....so we ran back south in 260 ft which put us just east of the power plant where we found a nice rip.....put out our spread and not even 2 minutes later we get a fish on......Yeppiiiiii 25 lb dolphin, an another, an another, Oh wait that's a sail....Finally we get our sail.
Total for the day
50 plus Boners
4 dolphin biggest 25 lbs
1 sail
Just being out in Blue Water PRICELESS !!!!!
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Re: Went Chasing Sailfish 11/27

Post by BearsFan »

Blue Magic wrote: 47 Viking
Sounds to be some sort of 2 person kayak.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Blue Magic

Post by Blue Magic »

I know this is not a kayak related but since nobody post anything about the east coast, I figured I would put something up.
Now for the guys with ball you can catch these beasty 20lb Bonita 2 to 3 miles off the beach. Launch by the St Lucie power plant on South Hutchinson Island and have a blast
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

BearsFan wrote:
Blue Magic wrote: 47 Viking
Sounds to be some sort of 2 person kayak.
BF, you know very well, that is a four person kayak!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

20 lb bonita would be worth the trip.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.