Special Accommodations Review

West Palm to Jacksonville
TampaJim

Special Accommodations Review

Post by TampaJim »

Ever wanted to "getaway" and NOT have to head to the airport and take Southwest Airlines to do so?? Here's the spot ... http://www.seashellsuites.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

This place is absolutely the best for the paddle fishing afflicted with a significant other. It is the best place outside of the Upper Keys for a couples mini-vacation and it is only a 2-2.5 hour drive each way.

Let's start with the geographic location ...

1) The beach is TOTALLY private, absolutely amazing. Since it is located midway between Vero Beach and Melbourne Beach, you miss the crowds. Everyone else is 10-12 miles north or south of you. I walked a LONG way on the beach and didn't cross paths with another individual, coming or going. You can surf fish, day or night, while your SO works on a tan.

2) The world famous Sebastian Inlet is only 3/4 mile south, straight down A1A. You can actually ride the bikes (available for use at the resort) if you want. Fishing is plentiful and doormat-sized flounder are commonplace. Don't worry, lunch is available within the state park ... no need to pack a bag.

3) Cross the road and POOF ... the Indian River Lagoon and monster reds! I didn't look for access, but it is up and down A1A in various spots. Quality and quantity are the modus operandi of this world famous body of water.

Now the resort itself ...

1) ONLY seven suites, two bedrooms each. NO CROWDS HERE!

2) Eco-Friendly. Tree huggers will love the natural approach - organics, sustainable woods, VOC-free paints ... the entire enchilada, nothing left out. BTW, they have an insect repellent in the rooms that is organic, smells good AND really works - make sure to try it!

3) INCREDIBLE amenities. 52" LCD + DVD in the livingroom, 32" LCD in the master bedroom. High-speed internet throughout the complex, no need to miss out on PF forums while away. Fully stocked kitchen in each suite. A heated pool, sauna, a tiki hut with grills (cook your catch), bikes, a really nice laundry with three sets of front loading washers and dryers (top shelf stuff), small DVD & book library and the BEST deck overlooking the ocean.

4) Hospitality is second to none. The staff provides a light continental breakfast each morning AND usually has a "happy hour" in the evening ... wine, beer, snacks and more. I am not completely sure, but I think they will draw your bath if you ask. NOTHING was wanted or overlooked, these folks are pros.

In a nutshell (or is that a seashell), the place is awesome ... so much so, that I felt compelled to spend time putting together this review. It is a couples getaway of extreme caliber. Imagine a place surrounded by fishing opportunities AND with all the necessary creature comforts and amentities that your SO won't feel neglected, just the opposite.

Here are a few snapshots of the resort.

The pristine private beach ...

The heated pool area ...

The deck overlooking the beach ...

The luxurious master bedroom w LCD ...

The fully stocked/equipped kitchen ...

The livingroom complete w LCD and DVD ...

FYI, there are a few local places to eat. Nothing you have heard of, but good dining and within 3-4 miles. There is a Publix up the road several miles north - but right on A1A. You can stock up on drinks, food and other needs. The kitchen in the suite has pots, pans, dishes, coffee maker, toaster and more ... you won't need anything but supplies.

Don't forget to drink an extra beer for me at the happy hour (served on the beach deck at 6:30pm, don't be late).

Seashell Suites - 321.409.0500, ask for Don and mention that you read the review on Paddle-Fishing.com.
JoeS

Re: Special Accommodations Review

Post by JoeS »

Very Nice............. Thanks Jim...........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

$?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

Thanks Jim.

We may give the inn a try say in early fall when we get back from Oregon.

We lived in Sebastian for 1.5 years or so and it is a very nice area that I miss.

Do you have any reports about how the beach fishing is or was?

Just one week ago I had a blast catching and releasing snook from the beach further to the south near Stuart. The wind was too strong out of the east for fly fishing but the bait and snook were there in the trough or in the calmer water between breakers. So, we fished with s 1/8 to 1/4 oz jigs with small white plastic baits.

My biggest fish was 32" and guess it weighed about 10#.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
pliskin

Post by pliskin »

The place to eat is Squid Lips, over the Wabasso bridge then jog north, on road close to the river.
TampaJim

Post by TampaJim »

DaveR wrote:$?
Rates and specials are listed on the website. Ask about "last minute specials" and offer to pay cash - you can often get really good deals at beach properties during the off times.

TJ -