Peackock Pockets

West Palm to Jacksonville
Devodud

Peackock Pockets

Post by Devodud »

Well I set out this morning to try for another killer day of trout fishing in Mims, luck would't have it. My truck broke down at 5:00 am way out on highway 50. It turns out that no tow companies would come out there until after 8:00, so i sat. Got it towed to the dealer and got a rental, its now 10:00 and i cant put my boat on top of the rental. Being stubborn i decided to go wade fishing at the Peacock Pockets just ot say that I went.

There were no big fish to speak of, the water was extremely dirty, but the small trout and lady fish were hammerring the crap out of topwaters until about 2:00 pm. We landed about a dozen trout a piece and hooked and lost countless ladyfish. I saw lots of kayakers out there, was it anyone from here?
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

Yea, I live right across the river from Peacock's Cove. Give me a call and we'll go get some reds out there......have to launce around 5:30 a.m. with this heat.

bob
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"
Devodud

Post by Devodud »

what kind of boat are you paddling,
all I have is a 17' canoe
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

I have a 14" Wilderness Tarpon Angler.....have a flats boat also but love to kayak fish just as much.....have you tried the No Motor Zone yet?

Bob
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"
Devodud

Post by Devodud »

No I haven't I dont have any friends brave enough to paddle more than a couple miles one way with me