tequesta/jupiter area fishing?

West Palm to Jacksonville
jgharris01

tequesta/jupiter area fishing?

Post by jgharris01 »

Hello,

I'm moving down to Tequesta next week and I will be working in Juno Beach. Both work and home isn't more 3 miles from the ocean and 1/2 mile from the loxahatchee. I plan on bringing my tarpon 140 with me and I am looking for some places to launch. Thinking about trying to fish next saturday, march 21rst. Anyone know of any places to launch (and leave my car without worry that it won't be burgled...)?
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Round Island Park in Ft. Pierce.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Pirogue

Post by Pirogue »

Try Burnt Bridge on Singer Island. It is just south of the MacArthur State Park entrance.

Great fishing in the Loxahatchee River. I guess you could launch from Burt Reynolds park. But definately watch the tides. They rip in the river. But there is great fishing around the docks.

Run down to North Palm Beach. You can launch at the public ramp off of Lighthouse. The Ermine River holds snook. Especially when the spill way is running.

Freshwater fishing, check out Lake Catherine in PBG. We used to toss a fly along the shore behind Howell Watkins Middle. There is bass, mayan chichlids, and oscars there.

You could also run up to the nuke plane on Hutchinson island.
1 3 12 120 3000
clayking

Post by clayking »

krash wrote:Round Island Park in Ft. Pierce.
Actually Round Island park is in Vero, but just north of county line, but a long drive from Tequesta.