IRL - 11/05/08

West Palm to Jacksonville
Redfishn'Ale

IRL - 11/05/08

Post by Redfishn'Ale »

Decided to hit up a little spot I know with my buddy Tripletail Tim this morning but the predicted zero mile per hour winds were more like 10-15...not good for the spot we had in mind so we improvised and hit up Round Island as it affords some moderate cover.

We were on the water by 05:45 and paddled into a chilly breeze, mullet everywhere, a few jumped in my cockpit on the paddle out to the flats but not a thing was touching our topwaters. The sun came up and the action picked up, I had a slam by 07:30 and Tim lost a 40'' or so Snook after it tail-walked him into the mangroves, among other things.

We worked the shoreline till it became apparent that the bite had died, a good morning for the amount of wind we had...the slam was caught on my new mirrodine 27mr...switched to gulp later after I saw Tim yanking in those nice sized reds...I couldn't buy a decent Red but theres always tomorrow.

The calm was misleading...
fishmaster892

Post by fishmaster892 »

good job those big ones drive me crazy
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Looks like a boring trip for you considering you usually paddle miles for your spots. Nice feesh though.

Where can one find that suction cup tripod? Looks pretty cool.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -