Stick Marsh

West Palm to Jacksonville
LagoonAddict

Stick Marsh

Post by LagoonAddict »

My son and I are thinking about fishing the famous Stick Marsh for the first time down in Fellsmere.......Anyone have any experience down there?

Any hints of good spots for launching and/or fishing??

Thx

Bob
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I have only been to Fellsmere on business a few times. I don't think they would take kindly to someone ordering a beer on the rocks. Thats about all I can tell you. Hope you and the Mrs. are doing well.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

When I was racing bikes with the Space Coast Freewheelers I rode thru Fellsmere once on a 100 miler.....other than that I don't know much about it either....

Yea, I know....and your rose' with a twist and thong undies wouldn't make it either....well......maybe if you show 'em you know how to squeal.....guess we'll go chewin', fartin' and wearin' lots of camo....and my son can play the banjo and guitar so we should be fine.

How's things goin up north.....????

bob
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"
bluebill

Stick Marsh

Post by bluebill »

It is pretty much a power boat show on weekends and they zip down to the south end from the launch at the north end.

I have caught some bass in the canal on the north side of the long entrance road.

there is a big parking area, launch, restrooms etc at the west
end of the access road

There are many large gators in the canal on the south side of the access road so use caution if you fish from the bank.

Bass fishing around Cape Coral has been very slow and I am not sure why - lots of tannic water now compared to the clear water when we were in the drought this spring.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water