Look out Eastcoasters..

West Palm to Jacksonville
skinnywater

Look out Eastcoasters..

Post by skinnywater »

A couple of us "fence riders" are heading to NSB for the Christmas week. Where are some good launches on the east side of the lagoon? I don't want the GPS numbers of your favorite honey holes, just general launch points. Besides, with our catching success lately, the sail cats and pufferfish better look out!
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

Since I haven't fished in the salt in over 2 years (allegedly), I am not nearly as qualified as my neighbors in providing you this informantion.

However, if you see a short guy wearing an incredibly ragged ball cap in a blue tarpon 160 or standing on a stack of books driving an expensive flats boat, that's me. Feel free to paddle over and give a good n' loud "Hey there, kayak fishin' buddy!" That way I'll know it is you.

Good luck and make sure you post pics.
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
ettienne

Post by ettienne »

Take 406/402 to Playalinda beach, you will find the Eddy Creek launch on the left. You can cruise up to the last parking lot and follow the footpath to a muddy launch. You could also go to Biolab road and pick any spot to launch, this puts you right on the water in minutes, and you do not have to pay park fees. A quick look at Google Earth will show you where these launch spots are. The destinations page also has some information.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

Thanks guys. I know about BioLab, Beacon 42 and Eddy Creek. I am looking more to the northern end of the lagoon to launch.
BC, if I see you, I will holler. We will be in a matched pair of fast yellow MantaRays 8)
ettienne

Post by ettienne »

How far north? New Smyrna, Edgewater?
Winston Churchill
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

BlueCrab wrote:Since I haven't fished in the salt in over 2 years (allegedly), I am not nearly as qualified as my neighbors in providing you this informantion.

However, if you see a short guy wearing an incredibly ragged ball cap in a blue tarpon 160 or standing on a stack of books driving an expensive flats boat, that's me. Feel free to paddle over and give a good n' loud "Hey there, kayak fishin' buddy!" That way I'll know it is you.

Good luck and make sure you post pics.
you forgot that you are pulling a $35k flats boat with a $1500 vehicle at 97 mph anywhere you go......west coast oreast coast in 47minutes 39 seconds, depending on the wind.......
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

New Smyrna Beach. If the weather holds out, we might do some surf fishing too.
ettienne

Post by ettienne »

NSB = New Smyrna Beach, duh. Sorry, I missed that.
Here is a public launch a bit south: 28°53'54.48"N 80°51'7.12"W
Head straight across the ICW and to the south, you get into some real skinny water.
Winston Churchill
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

There is a public boat ramp in Oak Hill that is close to very productive water with mazes of mangrove islands that look like the lower keys.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
rev

Post by rev »

You can fish at my house. I live on Sand Lake. We catch the snot out of specks and bass there. PM me for directions. I look like Burt Reynolds in Smokey & the Bandit and I paddle an orange Tarpon 160 with weather radio, sonar, and a radar array. If I'm not there, you can park in my driveway and just walk through the yard. Help yourself to the imports and microbrews in the outside refrigerator.

If you want, I've got another buddy with a Green HPX. He said he'd take us fishing, any time I want. If I can't make it, you could just show up at his house. He's got a baby girl so he's not getting much sleep these days. To keep from waking her, I recommend you knock on his back door. He's not that heavily armed, and he's probably so sleep deprived that his aim isn't that great anyway.
mudfoot

Post by mudfoot »

"YOU GOT NUTTIN!"
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

Put a sputnik hairdoo on that doll and you will have invented the perfect stocking stuffer. When you're rich, remember who you got the idea from. :wink:
Last edited by BlueCrab on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old School T160

skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

I figured that one of you guys would post something about keeping off your turf. Don't worry, I was planning on bringing a bottle or two of that cheap imported bourbon, I mean fine scotch, that you guys drink.

Do I need to keep an eye out for any special characters over there?
Rik

Post by Rik »

Stop by Orlando Outfitters. Find the big guy in the fly shop. Take a chart with you and he'll mark all kinds of good spots for you. The better the scotch, the better the spots.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

I didn't know u worked retail Rik? :?
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

skinnywater wrote:I figured that one of you guys would post something about keeping off your turf.
That's only after you post a report. We aren't like those SOTE guys where you can't even find a forum or a destination page for guidance. They are that way because SOTE:

the fish are huge,

the women beautiful,

and the men too old to catch either one.
Old School T160