Eddy Creek report

West Palm to Jacksonville
lagerhead

Eddy Creek report

Post by lagerhead »

This is my first report. Had not been out fishing in the kayak in a long time. Decided to play hookie on fri. from work and go to CNS to fish the Eddy Creek area. Fished topwater for the better part of the morning. Not to much action for the first hour or so. Then my luck changed. I caught a 28", fat red on a skitter walk. Continued fishing the same area and ended up landing a 30" snook. I have fished this area numerous times over the years, but never caught or even saw a snook. It was a nice surpise. Final fish of the day was a catfish on a gulp shrimp. Released all fish. Called it quits after that. It was a little breezy, but an absolute beautiful morning on the water. I will bring a camera next time.
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

Good report. Eddy Creek is one of my two favorite places. It holds a special place in my heart because I caught my first ever Snook there while fishing for Trout. There are some monster trout there. My largest to date is a 48" that I hope is still swimming and up to at least 50+ inches now.

Jimmy
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

xfactor:

That is a really large trout. I have caught some big ones in the area, but not even close to that big.
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

Must be the flu bug that is making me delirious, I meant to say Redfish :oops: My biggest trout from that area was only 28 inches. I need more medicine. Maybe a Coors Pill will help. :lol:

Jimmy
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

8) Thanks for posting that.

I wonder if years of mild winters have increased the snook population over here?
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

That is the second report I have seen recently of snook around Eddy Creek. A friend of mine hooked one years ago along the shorline outside of Eddy Creek when we were fishing for tailing reds. Kind of surprised us and it cut through the leader. Anyway that is where I learned to wade fish Florida style and also was the first place I ever took my kayak when I first started kayak fishing.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

I have seen a lot of guys wadefishing the area. The problem with that is that I have seen some of the biggest alligators I have ever seen while kayaking in the same area as the wade fishermen. The gators were not the least bit concerned by my presence. I would hate to be wadefishing and see one of those guys pop up between me and the shore.