Sebastian on Sunday

West Palm to Jacksonville
AndrewP

Sebastian on Sunday

Post by AndrewP »

Just for kicks, I stopped by Sebastian on Sunday after fishing ... walked out to the end of the new North pier ( I had not been there since it was re-made). The tide was screaming out, and the East wind was roaring, making the inlet stack up -- super dangerous ....... and still, two idiots on PWCs got out there for a few minutes jumping the waves. I was thinking "Darwin Award candidates" to myself .... one almost spilled, and then they got some sense into their adolescent brains and came back inside ...

But at the end of the pier, there were tons, and tons, and tons of mullet. And they were getting thrashed by big snook and reds. While I was there (about 30 min) I saw one oversized snook, several reds, and black drum, and spanish macs get hauled in (of course all of this on live bait --mullet/shrimp etc.).

Not that I want to fish the pier, but seeing all that bait getting crashed gets the blood pumping. Mullet migration might be in full swing. Hoping for some calmer seas and winds for the coming weekend .....

AP
Disclaimer: Do not take anything I'm about to tell you seriously .......
bluebill

Sebastian Fishing

Post by bluebill »

AndrewP- you did not say where or how good your fishing was on Sunday.

I moved from Sebastian last August to Pine Island. I love it here but do miss the opportunity to fish the Indian River.

We are getting a tad cooler water in PI Sound now and fishing for ladyfish and trout is picking up and redfish are reported to be moving into the bay also but I have not caught any yet in my favorite kayaking spots.

Bluebill
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
AndrewP

Post by AndrewP »

I had some limited success -- couple of small tarpon on fly. Considering the weather (wind and rain) I was not complaining ......

This weekend may shape up to be pretty good, if the cold front moves through on Thu/Friday without a lot of wind associated with it .....

Pine Island -- which Pine Island? I swear, there must be 10 spots in the State of Florida called Pine Island, including a couple on the Indian River. But I am assuming you mean West Coast in and around Boca Grande area ..... compare the fishing for us -- what's different??

AP
Disclaimer: Do not take anything I'm about to tell you seriously .......
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

My first and last Sebastian experience included three different people using undersized shook for shark bait. Enjoy the mullet run.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch