before there's a surge in the market

West Palm to Jacksonville
mudfoot

before there's a surge in the market

Post by mudfoot »

you may want to pick up a pair of these...

following info courtesy of Capt. Bob Jaspers

Canoe/Kayak Launch at KARS Park I

"In cooperation with the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge, the NASA Exchange is happy to announce the opening of a canoe launch at KARS Park 1 for both KSC & CCAFS employees, and the public. The new canoe launch will be opened effective October 1, 2007. The launch is located at the north end of the park and is open daily. Cost is $5.00 per day/per canoe or kayak for non-KARS members. Use of the launch is free for all KARS Park Members. Parking is limited and access to non-members may be denied if the parking area is full."

They've created a special launch area for non-KARS Park members about 100 yards south of the end of the park road. KARS Park asks that you please use it, and do not intrude on actual KARS Park members who are using or camping at the park. If you do, the opportunity will be taken away.

Anglers still cannot cross the Intercoastal Channel to get to or from the east side to the west side.
"YOU GOT NUTTIN!"
Mohawk16

Post by Mohawk16 »

Thanks, Mud. Good News!
GOD BLESS AMERICA
USMC - VIETNAM VET
Rik

Post by Rik »

Isn't that federally owned land?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
mudfoot

Post by mudfoot »

be sure to take a set of boat fenders Jim... several of calls today regarding this info so it should be a plastic parking lot this weekend.

enjoy all your new friends!
"YOU GOT NUTTIN!"
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

That is really too bad. Pristine solitude no more. I am willing to make a trip back down if you guys want to place beer bottles with me.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
rev

Post by rev »

there goes the neighborhood...

bob's probably threatening to leave the state.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

A little insight for a KARS rookie.

Does this open up the north end of the nmz that was always a long paddle to get to?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
rev

Post by rev »

It puts you 2.5 miles closer...instead of a herculean 7 miles, one way, from KARS it's a manageable 4.5.
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

Todd wrote:A little insight for a KARS rookie.

Does this open up the north end of the nmz that was always a long paddle to get to?
but for someone who has taken paddling lessons its a mere warm up
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

forced2work wrote:but for someone who has taken paddling lessons its a mere warm up
Keep up, slack ass.
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

Todd wrote:
forced2work wrote:but for someone who has taken paddling lessons its a mere warm up
Keep up, slack ass.
and here I thought it was becuase i don't have AT paddle
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

forced2work wrote: and here I thought it was becuase i don't have AT paddle
That too.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

That is really good news, not because of the paddling difference, but the other launch was unsafe. There are plenty of fish on that 2.5 mile paddle to KARS as well. But getting there before light was a risky situation.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:32 pm
I had to do a double take to make sure it was not April 01, 2007.

Once again, the pendulum swings back way too far. Just MHO.
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

You know how it feels when you meet a woman and fall in love only to find out all of your friends have already been there and DONE that...That's how I feel all of the sudden! It's just not special anymore! lol
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
stubb

Post by stubb »

Hell, it never was very special in my opinion anyhow. I've never ever done the NMZ that it didn't blow like Hell and/or rain like the Great Flood, or the Men In Black didn't nudge me back to legality with their assault rifles.
The best fishing is far north .. and even better is the east side along the spoils islands running east/west from the tug boat docks. Still off limits evidently depending on which law enforcement agency you happen to cross paths with.
Lotta big fish there .. I've seen'm; I've even hooked a couple, even been in the presence of the lucky dude that landed a 46' red. But I've been skunked elsewhere with far less effort.
I will agree that launching at KARS is a safer bet (read: security of truck) than the Barge Canal or off the road near the cruise ships.
OK .. I can gripe and bitch .. but I do recall pre-9/11/01 sightings of tails two hand spans wide in 4' of water near the spoil islands .... reds and blacks so big it makes your neck tingle. el stubbo
"Let every man be swift to hear, quick to think, and slow to speak.." El Stubbo