Seashore and Mosquito Lagoon

West Palm to Jacksonville
xfactor

Seashore and Mosquito Lagoon

Post by xfactor »

Spent two days down at the beach. One day I was out voted 3 to 1 and had no veto power. So I gave in and took the ladies to the beach. While they enjoyed to sun and water I fished and dreamed about getting my yak out through the surf to a school of baitfish about a mile out that was being slaughtered by what appeared to be Kingfish.

The next day I go a reprev(sp) and was allowed to go yaking. Got there early and had a ball until the boomers started building. It was red after red and all were around 22 to 25 inches. I was having so much fun I forgot about the camera. There must have been 25 yaks in the south end of ML. I know tow of them were also catching reds. I also hooked three nice trout and could get nothing more than a jump or roll from them and they sent the sure back to me airmail.

Jimmy
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

You may want to try taking that thing off of the beach. Lots of tarpon, kingfish, and cobia about.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

I do intend to do that one of these days. Need a little more time in the yak before I venture out there. Only been yaking about 6 months.

Jimmy
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

The launch is a bit trickier. 20 minutes of practice coming in and out with an empty kayak can't hurt much, unless you are flipped and the kayak lands on you.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch