Port Canaveral night fishing.

West Palm to Jacksonville
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Port Canaveral night fishing.

Post by BearsFan »

I had heard some rumors about the snook that hang out under the shrimp boats. Thought I would check it out. As it turns out FWC Officers love to stop kayaks fishing near the very same boats.

2 FWC boats working the port tonight, both stopped me. Light? Check. Life Jacket? Check. Whistle? Check. Yes officer, I also have a radio, a spare light, and an anchor. One told me a few spots to try where people have been getting big snapper, the other was not as friendly.

All in all it was very tough to get the snook to bite when there were power boats circling so often. I did see a few nice ones along with several rays jumping. If I decide to ever try it again I will be sure to go in the stinkpot, maybe even bring some live bait.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

.............live bait !!!....cough, sputter, spit, losing bowel control....gasp, frapppp, (hitting the floor unconscious),going into a spasmatic uncontrollable jerking fit........
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"