hog heaven 4-22

West Palm to Jacksonville
tdsdad

hog heaven 4-22

Post by tdsdad »

first couple hours sunday morning only produced these two guys

decided to paddle against current and wind to find some reds-saw some wakes and started throwing a mirrodine-wow, they were hungry and most were very fat-Todd paddled over and landed some hogs too-what a day!

all but two flounder were released to fight again!

take your kids fishing-
tdsdad

ops

Post by tdsdad »

just noticed I forgot to bend down the barbs on that mirrodine-just did!
take your kids fishing-
DOA

Post by DOA »

Ah, CookNFish gave me a mirrodine, looks like I may need to throw it this Saturday huh?

Those are some beautiful fish!
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Very. Very Nice!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

As respectfully as I can, I'd like to ask something...

I've heard that trout are the last fish you want to land with a net. I guess the net rubs their protective slime off.

Have you heard this?
tdsdad

nets

Post by tdsdad »

I agree-using a net is not good for any fish-I did see some of the tv guys say that if you use the net to "cradle" the fish(still keep it in the water), it does less harm-I try not to handle a trout at all but sometimes if the hook is tough to remove you have to pull them out of the water-
trying to use the net only with flounder-that's the only fish we usually keep for dinner(my fav), and use a lipper to steady the fish to remove the hook-I try to take most of my pics of the fish while they are still in the water-better shots, too!!
good point!
take your kids fishing-
Capt Bob J.

Re: nets

Post by Capt Bob J. »

tdsdad wrote:I agree-using a net is not good for any fish-I did see some of the tv guys say that if you use the net to "cradle" the fish(still keep it in the water)
I do that with big fish. I hookup my Boga while their head's in the net, and still in the water. It works great, the fish fight less and it shortens revival time. I don't let a fish leave the water until all involved and cameras are ready; we takes a couple quick shots and they're back in. Once there, a few figure-eights with the Boga and they're gone.
Capt. Robert Jaspers
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

Right on.

That Mirrodine is a killer huh? Works well on reds over here on the West Coast too.
Capt Bob J.

Post by Capt Bob J. »

I forgot to mention; very nice fish!

:thumbsup:
Capt. Robert Jaspers