big trout

West Palm to Jacksonville
tdsdad

big trout

Post by tdsdad »

got to fish with my son-on his skiff, but I caught my biggest trout to date-30"-8.75lbs-on a watermelon jrkbait

take your kids fishing-
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

What a beast! Stink-pot or not thats a dang fine trout, nice work.
- Jon
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Very nice.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Agree, a very nice fish.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Wow!
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
stubb

Post by stubb »

Indeed, Mr TDsdad, that's one fine trout. They are more wary, spooky and I think tougher to catch than the average 30" red. A red has an "attitude" kinda like "hey, I'm pretty strong so don't bother me" even when they hit your lure.

I have to admit that my biggest trout to date, 27", was an accident. And, upon reflection, most of my oversize (over 20") trout were happy luck. Lure in the right spot just by happenstance.

I've floated and paddled and poled right up on some monsters, however. this past Monday, a skunk by the way, the only gamefish I saw was a trout floating alongside my Riverhawk that had to've been 3' long. Naturally, he saw me as quick as I saw him and adios.

But, then again, I'm usually prowling around in full sunlight looking for reds and the big gator trout are active earlier .. so I'm told. Funny, though. All my bigger trout were caught mid day when chasing reds. So, I figure they were tagging along with their red buddies. stubb
"Let every man be swift to hear, quick to think, and slow to speak.." El Stubbo
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Very Nice ...You Easters got some good size fish over there. 8)
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
DOA

Post by DOA »

I need somethin over 27in. That would have been nice. I have an 18ft. flats boat as well with the same etec as your son. Aint much stink in that pot.